It's YOUR Life! Be Proud! Be Responsible!
Know the facts:
- 2,448 NV Teens, between the ages of 15 and 19, became pregnant in 2014. (Teen Pregnancy Prevention, National Conference of State Legislators, National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, December 2016)
- Medically accurate and age appropriate sex education has been shown to have positive effects on the lives of teens. (Nevada Teen Health and Safety Coalition)
- In 2011, young people aged 13-24 accounted for about 39% of all new HIV diagnoses in the United States. (CDC, HIV Surveillance Report, 2015, Vol. 27)
- In NV, more than 11,000 Chlamydia cases were reported in 2012 with 66.5% of those cases occurring in individuals younger than 25 years old. (Nevada Teen Health and Safety Coalition)
- An estimated 20 million STDs that occur in the U.S. each year are among young people (CDC , STD Awareness Month – Know the Facts)
This message was sponsored by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, through Grant Number 1401 NVPREP and 1501 NVAEGP from the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral health nor the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families